Thursday, July 26, 2007

Follow Up Comments to letter sent to Luther/Midelfort physicians

The comments below were written by other people in response to Dr. Onuijbo's letter sent to Luther/Midelfort physicians which is included on this blog in an earlier Post in the Miscellaneous category. The responses from different people are separated by asterisks. I am not including the names of the responders in this blog because I have not obtained their permission to do so. Maria


I totally agree.
Another unique point affecting those of us who do not belong to a majority religion is that our choice for private schools is pretty much non existent. We rely even more on public schools. This will likely impact ability to recruit even further. If, when first recruited, I did not believe the school system here was good I would likely have gravitated towards a different town or a bigger city with more private school options. Thanks for raising the issue, I am still struggling with what to do.

**********************************************************
I could not have been more eloquent regarding this cankerworm which appears to be eating deep into the fabric of our public school system here in Eau Claire. I hope your passionate expression will be taken seriously.

******************************************************
I have only been here two months. The main reason I moved to Eau Claire was to escape the rapid decline of schools in Texas. Unfortunately, it looks as if more than the hot weather followed me up here. Without more public awareness, most people without school age children won't fully understand the impact the schools have on everyone's lives. Thank you for voicing what many of us have been complaining about but not acting upon.

**************************************************

Thank you for bringing up such an important issue. There were 2 reasons for me to move to Eau Claire, and good schools was one of the two.

***************************************************
My husband and I also agree 100%. We have been saying this for quite some time, and I am thrilled that you have spoken up publicly, at least to us so far.
We also came here partially because the schools had a good reputation. We will not be for long, however, if this keeps up.
When will this town ever figure that out?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was somewhat troubled by the not so subtle arrogant tone of this discouse that seems to me to be represented by this quote from the last response,

"When will this town ever figure that out?"

I think a more positive approach would be to suggest some ways that would help the town "figure out" solutions to the problems alluded to.

Certainly the medical community is an important asset to the community in many ways including the brain power and leadership skills it brings. I expect that members of that community will be logical choices to participate in the Community Visioning that is coming up.

My comment is not a reflection, however, on the many ways that community acting as corporate bodies within the community and as individuals have contributed to a wide variety of community problem solving in a very helpful and cooperative manner.